The Diocese of Newcastle provides chaplaincy services at both the Newcastle and Central Coast campuses of The University of Newcastle. Chaplains offer compassionate help in all situations and support the spiritual life of the University.
Support offered by chaplains includes:
- providing pastoral care, regardless of your religious affiliation
- helping in making life-direction/vocational decisions
- regular study groups
- fostering a life-long exploration in spirituality, both in experience and intellectually
- helping with any situations of religious disrespect
- contributing to community building, equity, justice and peace making on campuses
- offering services as neutral person(s) in reconciliation of conflict
- encouraging interfaith relationships as a way of supporting the holistic development of leadership in students and staff, and to combat ignorance, build shared understanding and build peace
- Justice of the Peace services.
UNIVERSITY OF NEWCASTLE: CALLAGHAN CAMPUS
The Reverend Dr Fergus King
UNIVERSITY OF NEWCASTLE: OURIMBAH CAMPUS
The Reverend Roy Hazlewood